Thursday, April 8, 2010

stART- Chicka Chicka 123




This week we read the book Chicka Chicka 123 by Bill Martin Jr. After we read the story I gave Litte Sweets foam numbers and paint to make a number collage. I was hoping she could stamp the numbers on the page, but she ended up painting with the numbers instead. Even though the activity didn't turn out quite as I planned it was still a fun activity. She also still learned about numbers because I talked about the numbers as she painted with them.

For more Story and Art Activities Go Here

9 comments:

  1. great job! We love this book & did a stART with it a few months back too! This book was so great that I wound up buying it, great way to teach numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Project! We have the chicka chicka abc...I will have to check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter never wanted to stamp with her paint stamps either. Only recently did she make the transition but it's good to give them the exposure to numbers. All the various activities will eventually add up in their little minds. Plus it's just plain fun to get messy with the paints☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always funny (at least afterwards) when a kid turns a project you've prepared into their own activity - of course it's absolutely brilliant, but I know I'm sometimes guilty of feeling a little bit sorry it didn't happen how I planned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when they do their own thing! Kiddos are so creative. Sounds like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine never really stamped with them either, they did the same thing. But, they still had fun and that's the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea!! Most of Emily's stamping projects turn into paint covered paper. I will usually try to take the paper away before it gets completely covered and give her a second sheet that she can do whatever she wants with. Although the most important part is definitely that your little one is enjoying creating even if it is not what we had planned or thought it would turn out like :0)

    Thank you for linking up to stART and sharing your ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete