Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Getting in His Word Wednesday- Father Abraham


Getting in His Word Wednesday is a place where you can share your Bible Activity Ideas with others. The blog hop is open Wednesday through Tuesday. Please feel free to link up your Bible Activity Post.


This week we read the story Father Abraham from the book 100 Bible Stories and 100 Bible Songs. We talked about how God made a promise to Abraham that he would have as many offspring as the number of stars he can count in the sky. Abraham believed God and Sarah, his wife,  had a baby at a very old age just as God had promised. We made a star mobile to remind us that God is faithful to His promises. I cut out stars and Little Sweets painted the stars and put glitter on them. Then I put them on the mobile that I had made from straws and paper clips.

We also danced to the song Father Abraham which is the song that goes with this story. I love that each story in Little Sweets Bible book has a song to go with it.

Later in the evening I took Little Sweets outside and showed her the stars in the sky and we talked about the story again. 

I got the idea to make a star mobile from this website.  I found directions on how to make a straw and paper clip mobile from here.

 





2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration! I wanted to link up ages ago, but my dad is very ill again...:( Hardly have time to breath at this stage. Will link up later today!! We did some fun Noah goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo such a cute creation!! I love doing a craft with a bible story.. but I really love having a song to go along with it! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete