Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rejoicing in God's Blessings

Today was quite an interesting day. My daughter, husband, and I were all sick with the stomach flu. It is a terrible feeling when your child is sick and you are sick at the same time. We spent most of the day in bed. Little Sweets was in between us playing with her puzzle, looking at books, or cuddling with daddy. I am not much of cuddler when I am feeling sick. Sometime late in the morning I got worried that Little Sweets might be dehydrateed. I called the nurse and she told me I needed to get a few things from the store for Little Sweets. Neither I nor my husband was in any condition to go to the store. I could barely stand without having to run to the bathroom and my husband wasn't feeling much better. We live hundreds of miles from our family so calling them was not an option. I knew when we moved that things might difficult like this, but I have always trusted that God would provide. One of the things He provided us with was a family of believers. We may live hundereds of miles from our biological family, but God had given us many amazing brothers and sisters in Christ. I called one of my friends and she was willing to give us everything we needed. I rejoice in God's faithfulness. There have been so many times since we moved that our brothers and sisters in Christ have stepped up to serve us in a time of need. A friend from church came and held my hand and encouraged my husband as I gave birth to my first child. She was there to teach me how to nurse for the first time. Brothers and sisters babysit for us so that we can go out on date nights. Other families encourage us as we raise our daughter. The list can go on and on. I am so greatful for God's provisions and that includes His people. Many years ago I wasn't so appreciative. I figured I could do things on my own. I didn't need anyone I had God. Things have changed and I am so glad that God has changed my heart. Let us rejoice in the provisions of God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment