Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Egg Shakers and Sound Matching Game


Egg Shakers
This week we used shakers. I made the shakers out of Easter Eggs. I filled each egg with a different material. Then I hot glued the egg shut. Some of things you can fill the eggs with are coins, noodles, popcorn kernels, rice, beads, buttons, beans, and rocks. The eggs will make different sounds depending on what is inside them. Little sweets has enjoyed shaking them and making noises.



Egg Matching Game for Older Toddlers

With older children you may want to make a make a matching game out the eggs. Fill pairs of eggs with the same material and have the child shake the eggs to find the match. The two eggs that share the same sound will have the same materials inside.

Note: Please supervise children while doing this activity, it may be a choking hazard if they try to eat the materials found inside the eggs.

Resource: fun.familyeducation.com

3 comments:

  1. luv this! i am a teacher also...hope to get to know u better....www.mymomfessions.com
    also come enter my giveaway fro a $20 wal mart gift card if u have time to chk me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened across your blog, and I'm glad I did! You have great ideas, as I also plan activities for my 1 year old and 2 year old to do with their nanny every week! I'll be checking back for more ideas! I post mine as well, they're all fun & easy if you want to check it out! God Bless! :)

    ReplyDelete