Friday, February 26, 2010

Make Your Own Magnetic Story Board

I used a homemade magnet board and magnets to help tell the story I went walking by Sue Williams
To do this activity you will need the following materials.
Materials
self-stick magnetic strips
scissors
crayons or markers
cookie sheet
printed off coloring pages for the animals
contact paper

First, I took a cookie sheet and turned it over to use as a magnet board. Then I found coloring pictures online. I printed them off, colored them, covered them with contact paper, and stuck a magnet on the back of the picture. I used the magnets to help tell the story; I went walking by Sue Williams. As I read the story I asked Little Sweets to pick out the animal mentioned on the page and stick it to the magnet board.
You can also use the magnets to teach your child about colors, animal names, and animal sounds. For example; you can ask your child to place the yellow animal on the magnet board or place the animal that says; "quack" on the magnet board. There are so many possiblities.
Resource: Book- Story Stretchers for Infatnts, Toddlers, and Twos

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! Thanks for posting and sharing.

    ReplyDelete