Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jellybean Math with Printables- Jellybean Counting Cards

Thanks to Erica from confessions of a homeschooling mom, I've learned how to share my printables with you. Hopefully this will work. This week's activity with printables is jellybean math. (Starburst jellybeans are on sale for $1.67 a bag at Publix and there is a $1/ 2 coupon found in March 7th Red Plum Coupon Booklet. I found this deal from Jenny at southernsavers.)
Here is a link to the printable. It's nothing to get overly excited about. I am sure you could easily make this yourself, but why waste the time if it is already made. If you do print it out and post the activity please link back to me, thanks.

The activity is simple. Little Sweets was given jellybeans and a counting card. I showed her where to put the jellybeans on the card. Then we counted them and I showed her the number on the card. Afterwards, she got to eat the jellybeans. I was surprised at how quickly she got this activity. This was one of her first counting activities. I think she did very well.




Yay!! Can I eat them now?

Here is a picture of the printable. It has a patterning activity and a number card activiy. I cut the worsheet apart to make it easier for Little Sweets. It made it easier for her to focus on one thing at a time.








No comments:

Post a Comment