Friday, January 20, 2012

Tot School/ Preschool Winter Theme Week 3

Preschool and Tot School
43 months & 12 months

Playdough Snowman
Little Sweets made a snowman out of homemade playdough.


Patterning with Snowflake Ornaments
I picked these up for 75% off after Christmas.  We used them to decorate for Little Peanuts
One-derland party and are now using them for school.  Little Sweets made and extended patterns with these.

 Sight Word Book
Little Sweets is reading a sight word book I wrote for her.  I plan to put these up on my blog soon.


Puzzle Time
Little Sweets and I put together a Fancy Nancy puzzle.


Writing
Little Sweets wanted to write a postcard to daddy.  She used her sight words for help.  We added love to the sight word list.


Touch and Feel Books
Little Peanut loves her touch and feel books.  I love this picture.  She really enjoyed scratching and touching the sandpaper page. 


Looking at Books
I truly believe the love of reading starts at an early age and I encourage people to read with their children and let them explore books early.  Little Peanut loves her books. 


Snow Sensory Bin
I have been trying to come up with something for the sensory bin this month and have had a difficult time.  I picked up some fake snow, but read the warning on the bag and decided not to use it.  I didn't want to spend money and that's when I remembered our paper shredder and all the paper that needed to shredded and thrown out.  Little Sweets loved playing in the paper with her polly pockets. 


Sight Word Snowman
I printed this from the prekinders website last year.  I wrote sight words on the page and Little Sweets covered them up with pattern blocks.


This post is linked to Preschool Corner

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fun week! I love the Play-doh snowmen - my kids would enjoy making them too! Thanks for sharing...

    Stopping by from Preschool Corner

    ReplyDelete