Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting in His Word Wednesday- Fruit of the Spirit Patience

Fruit of the Spirit -Patience

This week we are talking about patience.  I explained that patience means waiting without whining or complaining.  To help Little Sweets better understand this concept I gave her a present and a timer.  I set the timer and told her she had to wait patiently (without whining or complaining) until the timer went off before she could open the present.  After the time went off she opened her present.  I think this helped Little Sweets better understand the idea of patience.  I am sure it will come up in everyday conversations and at different teachable moments throughout the day, but now I can remind her about the lesson and what it means to be patient. 



We also reviewed some of the other fruits of the spirit and watched this cute video on youtube.    

4 comments:

  1. What a cute way to teach about patience! I think I will try this with my kids in their weekly bible lessons! Thank you for sharing and God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am always looking for meaningful preschool Bible activities. Do you have any suggestions for resources ?

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I love the timer idea! I may need to do this next week too! I am your newest GFC follower. Love your blog and your tender heart. It shines through your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am your newest follower! You can visit me at http://www.mymodernguide.com
    Beki :)

    ReplyDelete