Thursday, May 6, 2010

stART-The Very Hungry Caterpillar



Last week our theme was shapes.  I had a bunch of circles left over so I thought it would be fun to make a caterpillar out of them. We read the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and we made a caterpillar.    I made circle stencils and Little Sweets glued the colored circles on top of the stencil.  She helped add the eye and I added the antennae and feet.  After we made the caterpillar we decided it would be fun to make a smaller one.  Little Sweets helped make a smaller caterpillar and we talked about the difference between big and little. 



For more fun stART activities please go here.

9 comments:

  1. I love that book, def something I'm gonna do with Heaven next week..Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. We just watched the video on You Tube of the book. The boys think it's pretty cool to see books come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and simple! We are doing a theme of caterpillars to butterflies next week and this will be something we may do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stencil idea is so great! I will need to do this with JDaniel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! I had a tough time coming up with a caterpillar activity I like last week. This one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute project!!! Ryleigh loves this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute caterpillar craft and I love the concepts that you worked on with it!!

    Thank you for linking to stART :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It's a perfect go along craft for her age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a classic book and inexhaustible source of various art projects for different ages. Your caterpillars turned out very cute.

    ReplyDelete