Thursday, May 13, 2010

stART- The Very Busy Spider





The Very Busy Spider

We read the book The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle.  This is a great book for young children who love to read about animals.  Little sweets loved naming the animals as we read the book.  After we read the book Little Sweets made a spider web.  We painted a spider web using a marble and white paint.  Little Sweets rolled the marble in the paint and then on a black piece of construction paper. 




If you would like to see more great stART activities or would like to link up please go here

10 comments:

  1. How cute Char! Could you please send me the link to the original stART blogger? I want to start doing this one too; I love combining books with an activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Love the way this turned out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put up the link. I can't believe I forgot to link back. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project to go with this book! I love how her project came out. Thank you for linking up to stART :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daughter is 3.5, and still loves marble art. It's an excellent way to make a spider web, and it turned out really nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. would be a fun and easy activity for my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We haven't tried marble art yet. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't done marble painting yet. Great way to make a spider web.

    ReplyDelete