Monday, April 25, 2011

Letter "P"



Letter "P"
34 Months

The weather here was beautiful this week so we spent a lot of time outside.  We did manage to do some tot school.  We worked on letter "P" and did some Easter activities.

P is for Popsicle Sticks
There are so many activities you can do with Popsicle sticks.  Here are a few that Little Sweets did.

Popsicle Stick Patterning
I made patterns with the sticks and Little Sweets told me the pattern and used more Popsicle sticks to extend the pattern. 


Popsicle Stick Sorting
Little Sweets sorted the Popsicle sticks by color.


Popsicle Stick Counting
Little Sweets counted the Popsicle sticks and then found the number card that matched.



Letters and Words
Little Sweets and I made letters out of the Popsicle sticks.  I made a word and Little Sweets read it.



Picture Match
This was an easy game I made.  I created the letter board using the computer.  I printed out picture cards to use from this website.  You can create your own using clip art, but I had printed out the cards for another activity so I decided to reuse them.  Little Sweets and I took turns turning over a picture card and placing it on the letter the picture started with. 



Painting
Little Sweets painted several pictures using water color paints.


P is for Princess
Little Sweets spent a lot of time playing with her princess dolls (and Ken).


Easter Activities
Daddy and Little Sweets are doing Resurrection eggs together.


I cut out and laminated the Easter story found in the curriculum More Toddlerific Fun Faith Builders.  I made props to go with the story.


I bought these cards from the dollar tree.  Little Sweets put the cards in numerical order. 


Tiny Tot

Cutie Pie giggled for the first time this week. 

Cutie Pie fell asleep on her belly for the first time this week. 

For more tot school posts go here

No comments:

Post a Comment