Monday, March 19, 2012

Homemade Sidewalk Paint


I saw an awesome post on Happy Hooligans today about making homemade sidewalk paint and I had to try it.  It was easy to make. You mix cornstarch, water, and food coloring together.  It took some time to figure out the right consistency, but it added to the learning process.  Little Sweets sat mixing colors and painting for a long time.  I wish I had taken a picture of the sidewalk when she was finished.  This is an activity we will be doing over and over again. 

Yes, my daughter is in a bathing suit and it's March!!  It was 85 degrees here today!


I also enjoyed painting and thought it would be fun to paint some words onto the sidewalk.  Little Sweets read the words to me after I painted them.  This is a great literacy activity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment