Monday, July 12, 2010

Fun Educational Items in the Dollar Section at Target

I love this time of year because most stores will stick educational items in the dollar section.  We made a trip to Target yesterday and as I walked in I think my eyes about popped out of my head.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  I was very excited.  I basically got a lot of items I could use for math manipulatives.  Here is a list of some items;  Counting Blocks, Foam Shapes, assorted pom-poms (they don't have different sizes at my dollar store), sports ball erasers,  and pipe cleaners.  I will use these items for sorting, counting, and patterning activities.  I also bought several books.  I was even able to buy some leveled readers.    I could have bought more things, but I didn't want to go too crazy.  They had a ton of fun things for older kids too like maps and trivia cards etc.  : )

5 comments:

  1. I found some of the same thing at ours yesterday! I even blogged about it on this week's ToT School post! :) I love good tools at the $1 spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I need to go to target today anyway.. I will make sure I check out the dollar spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Char,
    I just wanted to let you know that I'm passing along The Versatile Blogger award to you(it will post later today). You have so many wonderful ideas and great posts on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went a little crazy there yesterday. I think I may have to return some stuff:) It was all so great though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have been scrolling through your various posts...where were you when my kids were little? I never knew what to do with them, certainly had no idea how to do anything educational. You would have been better than Barney!
    Congrats on your Versatile blogger award!
    http://www.absolutelynarcissism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete