Sunday, August 14, 2011

Preschool Week 3

Preschool Week 3
38 Months Old

Math- Coin Identification and Counting

Little Sweets loves playing with coins.  I decided to make a game to help her identify coins.  She's been working on coin identification for a while so this was review.  She really enjoyed this game.  We used a generic game board I made on the computer.  Little Sweets picked out one of her disney princesses to use as a game piece.  She pulled out a coin from her bucket if she could identify the coin she got to roll the dice and move that many spaces on the board.  I played the game with her and we each took a turns.   


Literacy-Fishing for Sight Words
Little Sweets loves using her fishing rod that she got with one of her puzzles.  I thought it would be fun to use it in game.  I printed out pictures of fish on the computer.  Then I laminated them, cut them out, and wrote sight words on them using a washable marker.  (This way I can reuse the cards with different words.)  Then I placed a paper clip on each fish.  Little Sweets used her pole with a magnet on the end to going fishing.  After she caught  a fish if she could read the word she got to keep the fish. 


Fine Motor- Lacing Cards
I picked up a bunch of lacing cards at a garage sale.  Little Sweets had fun doing this activity. 

Literacy -  "AT" Family Picture Card Word Matching
I got this activity from The Moffatt Girls ready to read program.  Little Sweets matched the words to the picture. 



Math- Sequencing Smallest to Largest

Bible Activity-  Adam and Eve
We read the story of Adam in Eve in Little Sweets Bible My First Hands on Bible. We did the activities in the bible.  Then we reenacted the story using Ken, Rapunzal, a pipe cleaner and a tree made out of a wooden spoon, play dough, and cherries from hi-ho cherry-o.


Math- Counting and Number Identification
Little Sweets loved putting the cherries on the play dough tree so I thougt it would be fun to turn it into a math activity.  Little Sweets counted the cherries she put on and took off the tree and matched it with the correct number written on a popsicle stick. 

Fine Motor and Literacy
We are working on reading color words.  Little sweets read the word then colored the shape with the corresponding color.



Math -Number Recognition
I wrote numbers on a game board that I made for Little Sweets.  She read the number she landed on.


Fine Motor- Cutting
 Little Sweets worked on cutting the strips of paper. 


Math and Fine Motor
Little Sweets picked a card with a number on it and put that many pom poms into an ice cube tray using chopsticks.

Math- Number Recognition and Counting
Little Sweets counted the objects on the back of a flash card and flipped it over to check the number.  We are working on recognizing numbers 11-20


This post is linked to Tot School and Preschool Corner at Homeschool Creations.

4 comments:

  1. I love love love that you take your time to do this with her Char! You are such an amazing Mom. :) I think your fishing activity is so creative! The Lord has really blessed you with the ability to think outside of the box and turn every moment into a teachable moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the play doh trees with the hi ho cherrio pieces. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! So much fun to see them learn when they are so little! Good work, Momma!

    I found your blog while hopping around, hope you'll stop by my 'place', too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 3.5 year old would love the cutting practice idea. I'm hopping over from Preschool Corner for the first time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete