Monday, August 8, 2011

Preschool Week 2

Preschool Week 2
38 months

Word Wall Fun
I decided to make a word wall for all of our fun sight words.  Little Sweets loves to get out her magic wand and point to the words and read them.  Often times she will do this on her own with no prompting.  She also likes to dress up like a princess pretend she's princess presto with the power to spell, thanks to Super Why!  Super Why is an awesome educational show on PBS kids.



Math and Fine Motor
I placed pom pom balls in an ice cube tray and Little Sweets told me the pattern. Then she extended the pattern by picking up the correct color pom pom with the tongs and placing it in the ice cube tray. 


Math
I bought a bunch of alphabet and number stickers in the clearance isle at Walmart.  I placed the stickers on legos and Little Sweets put the numbers in order 1-10.



Math and Fine Motor
I hot glued beads to a pipe cleaner.  Little Sweets told me the pattern and then made the same pattern on another pipe cleaner.



Language Arts and Fine Motor
I recently started working on writing letters with Little Sweets.  We tried this a while back, but she didn't show much interest in it so I stopped.  Lately, she's been asking me how to write letters so I thought this would be good time to start again.  She started with her Kumon letter workbook then I wrote letters with a highlighter and she traced them.  


Alphabet Book
Little Sweets is working on an alphabet book to go along with writing letters.  She writes the letter she learned to write that day and then thinks of picture that goes with the letter.  She draws the picture to go with the letter.  We have been doing a little invented spelling along with this activity too. 

Math, Language Arts, Fine Motor

Little Sweets was very excited when daddy brought home a box of fruit loops.  I thought it would be fun to do some educational activities with the fruit loops.   

First I brought out the color word cards. I am just introducing the color words so I used the ones I made with colored construction paper.  Little Sweets read the color word and sorted the fruit loops by color.

Then we graphed the number of fruit loops by color.  We talked about most, least, and the same.

I got a piece of spaghetti stuck it in some playdough and we made patterns with the fruit loops.  I think this was Little Sweets favorite thing to do.

Little Sweets also colored her sight words.  I got these sight words from The Moffatt Girls free reading program.  You can get it here

This blog is linked to Preschool Corner.  For more great preschool ideas please go here.

2 comments:

  1. Great week. I love finding new activities. My kids will be starting again on the 22nd so I like to look around for more fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the stickers and blocks idea. I will have to get that around for my kiddos. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete