Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tot School- Letter "F"


Letter "F"  Family and Fall

Family "I Spy" Game
Little Sweets has a very large extended family. I thought it would be fun to make an "I Spy" game with family members pictures. She had to point to the picture of the family member I named.


Birthday Cake Counting Book

I made a book with pictures of Little Sweets cousins. Under each child was a birthday cake with candles. Little Sweets had to count the number of candles to figure out how old each cousin was.



Fall Festival
While we were in Ohio we went to a fun fall festival.  Little Sweets went on a hayride, played in hay playground, visited a pumpkin patch, and visited an apple orchard.  She was tired that day, but must have enjoyed it because she asked me the other day if she could go on a hayride again. 

Little Sweets smelling the pretty fall flowers.


Little Sweets on the hayride.  


Here's a picture of the pumpkin patch.  We didn't pick a pumpkin because there was no way pregnant mommy was going to carry it up the hill.  We did get a pumpkin at the store though. 


Painting  a Leaf

I had some leaf cutouts left over from when I taught kindergarten.  Little Sweets had fun painting the cutout in autumn colors. 
Leaf Matching Game

This was also another item from my fall kindergarten tub.  It is a large piece of chart paper with different color leaves glued to it.  When I taught kindergarten I used it for counting, writing down numbers, and graphing the number of different colored leaves.  Little Sweets counted the leaves and matched the leaves by color. 

Leaf Color Game

Little Sweets is still working on identifying colors so I came up with this game to help her.  I  made color mats and hung them on the wall.  Each mat has velcro on it so we can hang pictures from it.  I made fall colored leaf stencils, laminated them, and put velcro on the back.  I gave Little Sweets the  different colored leaves told her the color and had her place it on the correct color chart on the wall.  She did a great job. 


College Football

It wouldn't be fall without college football.  Daddy and Little Sweets are haning out on the couch getting ready to watch the Buckeyes!!!  Little Sweets just loves the Buckeyes.  


For more great tot school posts please go here.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun week!! I like the color matching game :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like she had such a great week- full of fun!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week with lots of fall fun. We're heading to the pumpkin patch tomorrow. And wouldn't you know it's supposed to be hot, hot, hot. Sure to be a miserable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo what a fun week! I love the cousin game with the birthday cakes and candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color mats are so versatile. Love it how you can use it for other units/themes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the I SPY from the family pictures! Great idea! Thanks! Kerri

    ReplyDelete