Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tot School Letter "E"


Letter "E"

26 months old

We did lots of egg activities this week for the letter "E."

Color Matching Activity

I colored the bottom of an egg carton.  Little Sweets matched the correct plastic egg with the correct spot in the egg carton. 


Math Activity- Number Matching

I put foam numbers in plastic eggs.  Little Sweets opened the eggs and found the foam number. Then she matched the numbers to the numbers on a number card I made. ( I made the number card by copying the foam numbers on our color copy machine.)




Language Arts Activity-Letter "E" Stencil

I printed a letter "e" stencil from the DLKT website.  Then I had Little Sweets put blocks on the stencil.  I got this idea from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  ( I think she has a stencil you can print out too.



Science- Floating Egg Experiment

I got this idea from the everything preschool website.  We put a hard boiled egg in water and it sank.  Then we put salt into the water and it started to float. 





Science-  Coloring Eggs

Little Sweets helped me color eggs.  This was her first time and she really enjoyed this activity. 






Snack-  Hard boiled Eggs

Little Sweets helped me peel the eggshells off the eggs.  She was fascinated by this.  She kept saying; "oo, wow" as she did it.  We saved the pretty shells for a later art project.  Then she ate some of the egg. 







Art-  Eggshell Collage

We used the broken up eggshells to make a pretty collage.  We got this idea from the Everything Preschool Website. 

Language Arts

We also put up the letter "E" on our wall and read lots of books.  An "E" book we read was An Extraordinary Egg by Leo Lioni.


Other Pictures

I thought this was so cute.  Now that Little Sweets is potty trained so are her dollies.
Little Sweets loves hanging out with daddy.  She really likes to help him water the flowers. 


I didn't have any planned Bible Activities this week  though we talk about Jesus daily and read Bible stories adaily.  We also just started praying with Little Sweets for missionaries.  She loves to do this and always reminds us before bed that we have to pray for the missionary families. 

I actually hadn't planned on doing any of the "E" activities this week.  I was going to wait until next week, but Little Sweets randomly pulled out her eggs and asked to play with them so I just went with it and continued with more egg activities the rest of the day and week.  She had fun so I am glad we did tot school this week. 

2 comments:

  1. She is just so cute- I like how she so carefully watches the egg! :) How fun!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at all you're doing! I'm thinking can I seriously do all this and have them do it as well? We'll see! I know we'll find what works for us. It will be tricky with three, but I'm looking forward to it! Can't wait to read more of what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete