Thursday, June 3, 2010

stArt- Chicka chicka 123 project 2

I used this book for another start activity, but I love it so much that I had to use it again.  It is the perfect book to read since we are working on numbers this week.  After we read the book we made a number tree and glued foam numbers to the tree.  Little Sweets sorted the foam numbers into muffin tins before we did the art activity.  We talked about what each number was as she sorted and while she placed the numbers on the tree.  Little Sweets also colored the trunk of the tree.  ( I didn't have brown construction paper, but it worked out perfect because she loves to color.)  Here are some pictures from the activitity. 










For more stArt activities please go here

8 comments:

  1. We love Chicka Chicka 123. It is a wonderful book for young children. Your daughter did a wonderful job sorting her numbers and making her tree. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great for us because we're going to do a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom unit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and simple for this age. I'm marking this down so I remember it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does she have a favorite number? My youngest loves 8 and identifies it every where he goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son would love to do this. He loves that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo so fun! What a great stART project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have Chicka Chicka 123 as well as Chicka Chicka Boom Boom too. She loves the Boom Boom but isn't as excited about the 123. Maybe if I did this project, she might be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fun when one book inspires so many different things. I love that.

    ReplyDelete