Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Advent Chain and Bible Study

 
Names of Jesus Advent Chain with Activities
 
This is a great way to count down the days to Christmas and learn about the different names of Jesus.  
 
 
 
My daughter has been asking how many days until Christmas so I decided we needed a way for her to count down the days.  Growing up we always made a chain.  I wanted to do the same thing with my girls, but was hoping to make it a little more meaningful.  I came across this blog post at spell outloud about an advent chain with the names of Jesus and a corresponding Bible study from Easy Fun School. Here is a link to the Bible Study. I thought some of the names and concepts were a little difficult for my 4 year old to understand and decided to make my own advent chain and Bible study.  Some of the activities came from the Easy Fun School Bible study and some I made on my own.  You can download the printable for free.  The link is at the bottom of the page.  Each chain link has a name for Jesus, a Bible verse referencing the name, and the number of days until Christmas.  The Bible study has a corresponding activity to go with each name for Jesus.  If you have older kids I suggest checking out the Easy Fun School Bible Study.  It is a great study.
 
 
 
 
 
Here is an example of the chain links included in the download.
 
Chain Links with number of days until Christmas, Name of Jesus, and Corresponding Bible Verse.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making this! I too thought the other one was a bit too advanced for my toddler. Thanks for making a younger version!

    ReplyDelete