Friday, December 16, 2011

Fun Frugal Christmas Gift- Personalized Coasters

 Personalized Coasters
I've been trying to come up with a thrifty fun gift from the girls.  I saw an idea to make your own coasters here and decided to make it a little more personal.  Instead of using scrapbook paper I used illustrations, letters, and numbers made by Little Sweets as well as photographs of the girls and our family.  Here's how they turned out.

Here is how I made them.
  1.   I found photographs I wanted to use on the coasters and printed them from the computer.
  2. I had Little Sweets draw a picture, write her name, and write the year on a piece of paper.  Then I copied it on our color printer so I could use the same picture, name, and year for multiple coasters. 
  3. I pasted the pictures onto white tiles I bought at Lowe's for 33 cents a piece.
  4. After the pictures dried I painted over the coasters with mod podge.  ( The coasters in the picture don't have the mod podge coat yet because I still need to add the girls names and I don't use their names on my blog.)
  5. On the back of the coasters add felt circle pads. 
This was and easy, inexpensive project.

This post is linked up to TGIF Linky Party  For the Kids Friday  Show and Share Saturday

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These are so clever!! What a fun idea & they turned out so cute =-) Thanks so much for sharing it on TGIF! Have a very Merry Christmas,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete