Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Preschool Week 8

Preschool Week 8
We have been very busy lately.  We have been doing school I just haven't had time to post.  Here are a few activities we've been doing the last few weeks. 

Math-Numerical Order
Little Sweets used magnetic numbers to fill in the blank.  I printed this off, but I can't find the website I got it from.





Sight Word Matching Game
Little Sweets loves playing games.  She really enjoyed this one.  I wrote here sight words on index cards she flipped 2 cards over and read the words if they matched she kept the word.  We took turns.  She doesn't like to just pick up 2 cards so I give her extra chances. 


Princess Reading Game
Little Sweets loves games and princesses so I made this game up while she was playing with her princesses. We each had a princess, rolled a dice, jumped that many cards, and had to read the word on the card we landed on.  The first princess to the dress got to wear the dress. 



Little Sweets is starting to read some early reader books.  She read this one to her princesses after we played the game.  

Math- Lego Patterning
I printed this from a math website, but I can't find the site.


At Family Game

Little Sweets read the words.  You can get the printable here.



Children's Museum Huntersville, NC
Daddy took the girls to the children's museum while I was at the Women of Faith Conference.  There is a ton to do there for little ones.    They had a great time.  We went out to dinner afterwards and Little Sweets had so much fun that she told a woman at the restaurant all about it.  I have to give credit to my husband.  He took an 8 month old and a 3 year old to a museum for 6 1/2 hours with no naps and they were all smiling when they came to pick me up.  He's a great man.


Ready to Read Activities
You can get these activities for free here.
Little Sweets circled the matching word.


Little Sweets read the sentence.  She helped cut the pieces apart using scrap booking scissors.  Then she glued the sentence back together and reread it. 




Picture match.  Little Sweets matched the words with the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment