Saturday, June 25, 2011

Self-Checking Word Family Activity

Self-Checking Word Family Activity

This was so simple to make.  I wrote the word "at" on an index card and then wrote beginning consanants that would go with "at".  Here are the consonants I used b,c,h,m,and r.  Then I glued a picture that went with the word on the back of the consanant.  Little Sweets puts the consonant in front of the index card with "at" written on it and then says the word.  She can flip over the consonant card to see if she is correct. 


9 comments:

  1. I have come over from Rachel's blog Lines Across My Face - you left a comment prior to mine.

    This is such a neat idea and I am going to make several sets of these activities for my daughter (I will link back to you when I post about this)

    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by! I love connecting with other bloggers! I gotta go browse you blog now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea!

    following you back

    If you have time, I hope you enter my latest giveaway
    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/2011/06/cover-your-assets-hip-t-review-coupon.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea! I'm going to have to try this with my youngest! Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, this would work great with my oldest son! New follower from MBC, have a great day! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea! My little one is now 15 but she always loved letters and pictures, great memories!

    New follower great blog!

    Stacey @ www.justsayitoldyouso.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute and easy activity. I also liked your bleached by the sun letters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas! Since I've recently become a SAHM, I've been struggling for fun ways to incorporate learning the basics into my daughter's day.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, http://east9thst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete