Thursday, April 28, 2011

Preschool Activity Bag Blog Hop

I spent most of Saturday night making preschool activity bags.   I knew I wasn't the only one to think of such a novel idea so I googled the words preschool bags and came across the blog Walking by the Way.  I was able to get some great ideas from this blog. There are also great ideas at Delicious Ambiguity.  Then today I saw on Money Saving Mom that another blogger had posted a busy bag swap.  What a great idea!!  I wish I had known about the post before I spent so much time making my own bags.  Since I am not the only one who has great ideas for preschool bags I thought it would be fun to start a blog hop.  If you have an idea for an activity that a preschooler can do on their own or with some assistance by a parent, that is cheap, fun, and can fit in a ziploc bag please link up.    The hop will start Thursday.  I can't wait to see everyone's ideas. 


Pony Bead Activities

Patterning

 This activity contains small pieces so please use parental supervision with young children.
I hot glued pony beads onto pipe cleaner.  Then I placed another pipe cleaner in the bag with matching beads.  The object of this activity is to have the child copy the pattern onto the other pipe cleaner.



 Color Matching
I placed a pipe cleaner and pony beads in the bag.  The child is to match the pony beads to the correct color pipe cleaner and to string them on that pipe cleaner. 



If you would like to join this blog hop please link your activity bag idea up on my website then post a link back on your blog so your followers can see other peoples ideas as well.

7 comments:

  1. Hi! Very sweet blog! Your daughter is so cute!!

    I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Nice to meet you! Hope you can hop by and visit my blog!

    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog! Can't wait to read more ideas! Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I was going to link up an activity I posted last week, but I'm not sure it would fit in a plastic baggie. Maybe a really big one? Anyways, the link is here: http://jollyjansen.blogspot.com/2011/04/kaias-flying-bird-or-levers-for.html. It's also the same post where I introduce my Online Science Class.

    You have an awesome blog! I've been looking through your ideas, and I will definitely be using some of them with my kiddos. I'm also following you now!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ideas. Patterning is so important to learn - for math, for problems solving, for everything. Your daughter looks so cute, engaged and happy. I look forward to more visits and hearing more ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower from the blog hop - Tech Ed 4 Kids! Nice to meet you! Thanks for the visit!

    http://teched4kids.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Thank you for stopping by our blog, I'm following you back.
    Stop by and check out my giveaway for a Recycled Carboard Zoo, wonderful product, ends 5/6/11.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Blog! New follower from MBC!
    Feel free to visit me at...
    www.frugalfunchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete